Saturday 18 June 2016

Michale Graves - When Worlds Collide

Back in the day, in case you didn't know, Graves was the singer for the Misfits and recorded the classic albums American Psycho and Famous Monsters. I was introduced to his version of the Misfits when a friend lent me Cuts from the Crypt and, I was sad when I had to give it back Monday morning at school. There is do doubt that he is a talented singer and songwriter. His post Misfits material have been just as awesome with the Graves album, Gotham Road's Seasons of the Witch as well as his solo albums Punk Rock is Dead, etc. Now, I have been out of the loop for 3 years of his solo releases for reasons that I'd rather not get into. However, when my friend opened for Graves recently, he snagged me a copy of the new album...and wow, it's amazing! Graves is in top form as he does everything but drums on this release where he crushes all in his path as only he can! Standouts include "Bedlam", "Diabolical", the sequel of his classic "Crying on a Saturday Night" known as "Dying on Sunday Morning", "I Walk with a Zombie", "Old Dark House", the track I was TOLD to listen to by David after the show "Robot Monster" (you are right man, IT'S AWESOME!), "The Face Behind the Mask", "Things to Come", "3 Days Til Dawn" and "When Worlds Collide". This old scarecrow has lots left to give as he is in top form here. Are the nightmare rides back? You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment