Tuesday 8 July 2014

Tell My Sorrows to the Stones by Christopher Golden

Since I've read this man's collaborations with one Mike Mignola, I've been hooked! He is an awesome writer. Here, is a collection of short stories. I find them relaxing and great for reading, walking away and coming back to it when I feel like it. With this collection, some are awesome, some standout more then others, some drag a little and some are weird. Luckily, those two are at the end of the collection! Most stories are good and fast paced with legends and folklore tossed with some great writing and fun dialog. These stories will have you gripping at the seems waiting for the conclusion...unless it's the "Owls" or "Hissing Air" stories...then you can't wait for the end! As for my personal favorite? "Quiet Bullets" is very touching but "Happy Face" and its conclusion had me laughing and laughing and laughing....you'll see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment