Saturday 16 August 2014

Wednesday 13 - Undead Unplugged

Okay so, back in the day, my dear friend turned me on to Horror Rock by getting me into the Murderdolls which featured one Wednesday 13 on vocals....and a monster was born! Fast forward all those years later we have a new acoustic album that features songs from throughout his career, and various bands, along with a new song. With the exception of "Transylvania 90210" these may not be the obvious acoustic choices you would think of when looking at Wednesday's songs. As for me, I am happy with the choices. I am glad that "I Love to Say Fuck" was not included because, as catchy as that song is, I think there are too many freaking versions of that damn song already! Standouts include the new song "Undead", the classic "Haunt Me", forgotten Murderdolls songs "Nowhere" and "Welcome to the Strange" (Murderdolls version not Frankenstein Drag Queens from the Planet 13 version), "Scary Song", "Morgue Than Words" and "Ghost Stories". There is plenty for fans to love on this album as well as naysayers who don't think people doing Horror Rock have any talent....the songs have been stripped down to their bare essentials and they still rock...'nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment