Wednesday 5 August 2015

Children of October - The Risen Dead

So, with their first release since their covers EP HC X EP in 2012 and their first release of new material since 2010, Children of October have released their long awaited album The Risen Dead. The question fans may have is if it was worth the wait though. I am here to tell you that you bet your ass it was! The band prides itself on their Horror Punk being faster and better then yours. Well, they make a damn good argument here as this is an explosion of awesomeness from beginning to end. Slowing down when they need to, this is also maybe their most mature release yet...and that is not a bad thing so, don't be scared. So worth the wait as Timmy Gibson and Rick O bring it! The songs hit hard and fast never staying longer then they need to; all killer and no filter. Using Hardcore and Metal along with Punk, they have crafted a release that will put others on notice. Hell, "Murder is my Name" reminds me of Anthrax and I am loving it! Standouts include the explosive opener "I Wanna Be Your Sin", "The Risen Dead", "Zodiac", "Six Feet Away", "Jersey Devil", "Gates of Zion", "Natural Born Killers", "Murder is my Name", "Evans City Nights", the goofy titled but awesome "Mambo #666", the heavy as hell "Evil Catch my Fall", "Forever Night", the sweet sounding "My Damnation" and "I Wanna Hear It". Is that the whole album? Damn! I guess so! This release is maybe their best yet! Get this before the leaves turn colours as this is a great soundtrack for your October.

No comments:

Post a Comment