Thursday 3 September 2015

Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1952 (#5)

Sometimes, I get a book and I think I am waiting for the issue previous to it to read it when I already had it AND read it. Does this make sense to you? It does to me and that is whey it has taken so long to read the conclusion of Hellboy and his first mission for the B.P.R.D. Here, we have the battle with a familiar foe, we find out a little more about Bob, the girl from the B.P.R.D. series steps in and all is well in the land as Hellboy obtains his honorary human status. There is the first time he yells "BOOM" here when punching a monster, a monkey makes off with the head of a Nazi and yea, just all in a day's work for Mignola and the gang as they deliver an awesome story. I am liking this hole, I guess you can say, origins thing that they are doing showing Hellboy through the years as this is supposed to lead to when we were actually first introduced to him and the murder of the professor. Long time fans of Big Red will find much to love in this series and, if you cannot grab the originals, I am pretty sure a TPB is not far behind in the near future. Dark Horse is pretty good at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment