Monday 14 December 2015

Danzig - Skeletons

Hands up, how many people here wouldn't be here without anything fronted by Danzig? Not many! Here we have his covers album that, I must say, is much better then I would have originally suspected! I mean, I heard the talk of it, the song list and...I didn't know how I felt about it. Now, the recording is not the greatest. People can do better in their living room but, it is not bad. The songs themselves are solid choices for the band as it just sounds like they are having a load of fun doing this album! Good on him for taking this chance as it breaks up wait times and it's Pin Ups style cover is great to look at. Standouts include "Devil's Angels", "Let Yourself Go", "N.I.B.", "Lord of the Thighs", "Action Woman", "Rough Boy", "With a Girl Like You", "Find Somebody" and "Crying in the Rain". This recording does bring Misfits to mind in how it sounds as a couple of songs sounds like it was pulled off those classic recordings from back in the day. Now, if only we could get some new material from the man, that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment