Thursday 17 December 2015

The Bloody Jug Band - Rope Burn

Being from Canada, I'll be honest when I say that, the only way I know of jug bands is from the Snoopy special where he is jamming with his siblings. Yes, that is my only exposure to this old American style of music. That said, I was introduced to The Bloody Jug Band and WOW! Yes, I am blown away. For me, throw in some Zack Brown Band, some Dropkick Murphys, Horror and those jugs and washboards to kind of get an idea of what I am listening to...but it is so much more then that! Honestly, I need to check out more of their stuff. This music has me bouncing and singing along with it and I am only on the first listen! Repeating it will definitely be necessary in the near future! I can't even pick standout tracks as I am just so into this recording! Get your jugs and give this band a listen if you haven't already as you will be over the moon that you did. If you don't the blood thirsty unicorns from the forest will come for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment