Wednesday 13 January 2016

Hateseeker - Black Mercy

Well, my first music review of 2016 is actually an album that came out last year as we have the debut recording of Von Toxic's new and Hateseeker. I swear, this man is one of the busiest men in the genre between Horror Story, Suicide Junkies, the label Demon Nation and now this new band. With it's sound, it brings to mind mostly Samhain though "Morgue" has a riff that reminds me of Wednesday 13 and "Night Angel" reminds me a little of early Danzig. The music itself is awesome, hits you fast as it is just a relentless assault! That's right folks, as busy as this man is, the quality is there! As for the artwork, I love the old school black and white look as it is just visually striking and eye catching. Standouts include "The Damned", "After Eden", "Horror Rock", "The Morgue", "Dead by Dawn", "Night Angel", "Dead Girls", "We Rise", "Wolf Bitch", "Worlds End" and "Last Words". If you haven't already got this album, I HIGHLY recommend that you do as only more good things can come from this band in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment