Friday 15 January 2016

In Memoriam: Alan Rickman

So, the tributes continue as we lose another amazing actor in Alan Rickman. When I first heard about it, everyone was telling me Snape from Harry Potter died. Now, I will admit that I am not a fan of the books or the movies; nothing personal, just couldn't get into them. It didn't hit me until I got home and saw a picture. Then it hit home. Hans Gruber from Die Hard, the Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, the Metatron from Dogma, Alexander Dane/Dr Lazarus from Galaxy Quest, Absolem the Caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland and, the reason he gets a tribute on this blog, Judge Turpin from Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. He was an amazing actor with an amazing voice. He could be the straight, serious, knowledgeable one or he could be that bad guy. He could make you laugh or he could make you hate him as he always brought out the best in the actors he was playing opposite. He was a big part in so many of the films listed above, and the many others he has been in; he will be missed greatly. The man was an actor adored by so many people for the many different roles he portrayed. So, join me in saying goodbye to one of the greats; R.I.P. Alan Rickman, you are missed by so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment