Tuesday 10 January 2017

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade/Living with Ghosts

So, let me say that there are a lot more fans out there than some will admit and I am one of them. Gerard Way and company always had a darker image and would bring their idols like the Misfits to the forefront in both their music and presentation. In this 10th anniversary reissue of The Black Parade the classic album is presented in all it's glory musically as it still sounds amazing all these years later as it did the first time I heard it a decade ago. The bonus disc has demos in which you can hear the songs in their demo forms as we see an up close look at what they were before they became what we know and love today. You can see certain songs in the DNA of others as they morph into their finished forms. I like the simplicity of the artwork and liner notes that are all in while. I prefer the original cover the best and the artwork that they presented on the original vinyl is just amazing but, the simplicity is nice too with all the white. Let's you focus on all the music in the package. One thing that I would have loved to seen included would have been the b-sides from that era from the singles to give it that extra collectors value. Other then that, no complaints as this is a great edition for any My Chemical Romance fan to add to their collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment