Monday 25 November 2013

Curse of Chucky (2013)

If, there is one monster/killer/person who could scare me as a child it was Chucky! I mean, just watch the first two Child's Play movies and you'll see why! The third one wasn't bad and Bride and Seed had its moments of laughter and fun but, none can compare to those original 2. Enter Curse of Chucky which is the best way to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original! In fact, in my opinion, it is the best one since number 2! Gone is the humor and replaced with the original horror that started the series. This movie is a great continuation of the series as it leaves nothing out. It follows the story, not ignoring any of the films, has some great kills, one liners like you'd expect from Chucky. It is his battle to obtain a new body as he visits some old friends and turns their world upside down. It starts off with a bang and just rolls from there as the body count rises and one thing leads to another. And Chucky himself looks great! When I heard he was going to be done with CGI I was worried...we all have our problems with that technology and how sometimes it gets overused and makes it all look like crap but, they did him well. The face looks so life like as it moves and talks while being voiced once again by Brad Dourif (THE ONLY VOICE FOR CHUCKY!). Will there be a 7th movie instead of a remake? It's hard to tell from the ending....I would prefer them to continue the series instead of rebooting it, especially with how good this one was! Just, keep those Good Guy Dolls away from me and don't send me any packages....I've seen the movies, I know what happens next no matter how cute he looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment