Thursday 9 July 2015

In Memoriam: James Horner

If anyone tells you that soundtracks are not important then try watching a movie without the music. Pick any movie, I'll wait. You need the music to make the movie and, it is with sadness, that we remember Aliens and Something Wicked This Way Comes composer James Horner. If you look at the list of movies this man has scored, it is extraordinary and had me in a state of "Oh yea! I remember that one!" or "I loved that movie!". The music plays such an important role in these films that they set the mood. They give that suspense, they control and set up your fear. The music becomes iconic for a reason in any movie. In horror, the suspense is more pronounced and the music is probably that much more important in that it sets that mood that is much needed. I know this is late but, sit back and put on one of his many soundtracks. You will find yourself reliving the movies as the music plays.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed - I loved James Horner! He's right up there with John WIlliams, Danny Elfman and Howard Shore.

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete