Friday 31 July 2015

In Memoriam: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Today, my heart breaks with the passing of one of my all time favorite wrestlers and personalities, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. From his classic matches and his amazing promos, he may have started as a villain but, you couldn't help but love him leading him to become a face as well as one of the most beloved wrestlers ever. Controversial, funny and larger than life, he is someone that will be hard to replace. He was someone I grew up on, cheering for and, hanging on to every word he said. His promos still name me laugh and smile. Now, as for why he's making an appearance on this blog, you may remember him in the John Carpenter classic They Live. That's right, that's my excuse and I don't care. One of the best movie lines ever came from that movie when he uttered "I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!". So, always remember that when you think you have all the answers, he would change the questions. As well, never throw rocks at a man with a machine gun. He really was rowdy before rowdy was cool. R.I.P "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, you will be forever missed by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment