Sunday 13 March 2016

The Spirit (#1)

Due to back orders, I had to wait for issue one and two before I could read and review the other issues in the series. I was introduced to the character when I found his movie at Blockbuster for cheap (to my younger readers, I am not give you a history lesson on what that is!) and really enjoyed it. However, I'd continually mix him up to the Shadow and kinda lost track of him and his adventures from time to time. This new story begins 2 years after the disappearance or death (not sure) of the Spirit and the city is up for a lot of change while still asking what happened to him. Now, with 2 friends looking for him, will we finally get an answer? The story and art are great taking you back to the 30s and 40s with he look, language and feel while not having he title character appear at all. There is a mini retelling of the origin story for new readers and a bit of humor. There is a lot happening as you are sucked into the story that leaves you wanting to read more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment