Monday 14 October 2013

CryptozoicMan (Issue 1 of 4)

So, I will preface this by saying that I am a huge Kevin Smith fan and, was thus drawn to the show Comic Book Men. When this idea was pitched on the show, I was excited! I mean, it sounded sooooooooooo cool! And now, issue one has dropped. This issue I liked but, haven't been sold on it just yet. There is some confusion about who is who, why he looks like that, what happened to his daughter and who the hell is this pig man!? Hopefully these will be cleared all up in the 3 remaining issues. Other then that, Brian Johnson perfectly sets this mystery and confusion with well chosen words while Walter Flanagan's art is top notch! The monsters and the CryptozoicMan look awesome! Also, with Kevin's name behind it, I feel they could of gone to a big name like DC or Marvel but I am glad they went with Dynamite instead...keeping it indie gives you the freedom to go way out of bounds if needed....especially for a story like this. If some of this confusion can be cleared up, and it looks like in issue 2 it is headed that way, it will be a good mini series.

No comments:

Post a Comment