Wednesday 14 October 2015

Dean Koontz's Frankenstein (#1)

So, let me preface this by saying that I was a huge fan of the Frankenstein novels by Dean Koontz. I not only love the character but the way that the story was formed as a whole over those 5 novels. Thus, when Previews showed that there was a new comic book series returning to that universe I was over the moon excited for it! Now that it's here, I don't know how I feel. Taking place after the events of the 5th novel, we find Erika and Karloff in the house with a storm approaching. She enters the lab and finds not only the other Erikas that he can replace her with if she shows any faults but his means of transportation between times and universes. There is no more monster Deucalion in the story (though he is on the cover) and it seems to be teetering on the edge of something. It's been a while since I've read the novels so maybe I have forgotten something or the sequence of events mind you. The art looks great but I am hoping that the story picks up a little instead of dragging on needlessly to something better. Something that rewards my excitement as, right now, it doesn't excite me at all for issue number 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment