Wednesday 28 October 2015

Sektor - Grave Danger!

Here we have the debut all the way from across the pond from Sektor. In this mostly dance influenced, horror flavored album it draws up memories of films from the late 90s and early 2000s for some reason for me. I cannot put my finger on it as it reminds me of movies I know but, at the same time, is completely different. This one person band uses samples to get the mood of the song across perfectly and doesn't end up sounding like some happy go lucky dance music which is a trap that so many fall in so easily. Yes, I am not a fan of dance music (that's what I call beats) as most of it sounds the same. What I do like is music that draws up a feeling or a memory in me of something I do like, or can invoke some sort of response or emotion out of me and this does that. Sometimes, the music is making me recall a scene from a movie or has me wondering where they'll head next and, that is good. Standouts include "Burial Grounds", "Scavenger", "I Killed Him", "Warlock" (that has me thinking of mid 90s Nine Inch Nails for some reason), "Darkness", "Grave Danger!", "Scream" (with some beautiful vocals) as well as the song that features our old friend from Lupen Tooth, Tommy Creep "Lost in Space". This is something different that has me wanting to check out more! Yes, different can be good if you are not afraid where it will take you. So, if you are not, then check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment