Saturday 21 November 2015

Lugosi's Morphine - Gloom, Doom, And Destruction

So, a couple of years ago, I remember seeing a music video for "Don't Think" and an interview where new music is mentioned and....NOTHING! Just as quickly as the band returned from the grave it was gone! So, yesterday I am on Facebook and what do my eyes see? Are they deceiving me? Is that new Lugosi's Morphine? YES IT IS! Recorded 2 years ago, we are finally getting to hear the music that this legendary band recorded and I am all smiles for it. Some may wonder if the music can still hold up after being holed up for 2 years and, I am here to tell you that, it does well. I wonder what the circumstances that led to this taking so long to see the light of day but, then again, I am just happy to have this album meeting my ears finally. This is Horror Punk goodness from the first note to the end as, if you are like me and heard "Don't Think" before, that is only the beginning of what this album has to deliver! Standouts include "I'm Happy", "Eat, Drink, and be Scary", "Headless", "Sickness and in Hell", "House of Hell", "Don't Think", "Dark Half", "No Difference" and "Suicide Note". I hope that they release their previous albums as well as they are hard to find as this takes me back and I enjoy this band. If this is the last of this legendary band then what a way to go out in a blaze of glory but, if there is more to come I cannot wait! If you seriously don't know why these guys are awesome, give this a listen...you'll thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment